Re: Ubuntu 9.04 and dolfin

Hi Ali,

There are Ubuntu 9.04 packages for all the FEniCS packages in our
repository. If you are interested, you might want to have a look at the
instructions on the wiki:

http://fenics.org/wiki/Download

On Wed, April 22, 2009 16:13, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> Ali Mesforush wrote:
>> Hello
>> As you know, ubuntu 9.04 will release tomorrow. Does dolfin work on
>> ubuntu 9.04 correctly?
>
> More or less. There are some Jaunty bugs which cause problems:
>
> - sysconfig.get_python_lib() returns the wrong path (site-packages
> instead of the new dist-packages). This is a problem for ufc.

sysconfig.get_python_lib() returns the correct path here. I guess it has
been fixed.

> A solution
> is to add '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages' to your PYTHONPATH.
>
> - openmpi is broken (as is the frustrating and usual custom in Ubuntu).
> See
>
>      http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2009/03/8571.php
>
> The manifestations are a linking problem when both PETSc and Trilinos
> are enabled, and when using mpiexec or mpirun on a local host a password
> is requested. I've compiled and installed openmpi 1.3.2rc1 which seems
> to work.

This is not a problem with the Ubuntu packages since they are not built
against Trilinos.

Johannes