Re: Computation of Norms

I cant figure out how to generate a form file for norm, in C++. The
problem is that the form is quadratic in its arguments, and so isn't a
valid form according to ffc user manual. I tried it anyway, making a
file like this (just for testing):.

vecElement = VectorElement("Lagrange", "triangle", 1,3)
u = Function(vecElement)
L2 = dot(u,u)*dx

ffc doesnt make .h file, and exits with the following message:

"No forms or elements specified, nothing to do."

I tried compiling by "ffc -r quadrature l2norm.form", and again got
the same message.

Can someome please help amd point out what I can do?

Thanks,
-Jehanzeb