Re: Mesh Refinement

On 15/06/09 10:21 PM, Jehanzeb Hameed wrote:
Hello,

Is there a function I can hook into LocalMeshRefinement (or elsewhere)
which allows me to define the rule for edge-bisection? This would be
handy, e.g. if we knew our mesh was a sphere, then points on boundary
can be pushed off differently so that they always lie on the sphere.

As far as I know Dolfin doesn't support any other description of solid different than just Mesh. This means that there is no way to follow shape of the boundary during refinement. This would be nice to have such feature, but I can't imagine implementing it without having advanced meshing core with support for CSG or something similar.

If you really need a smooth sphere, I would just change the code of RivaraRefinement.cpp (see line 264, where new point is defined). For sphere is quite simple, to predict where the point should be located.

cheers
BArtek