libxml on leopard

I am trying to configure/build using dorsal.
The default libxml2 installed in /usr/include/libxml2 and /usr/lib is out of
date relative to the one found
on fink.  However, I am having a hard time passing arguments through dorsal
to force it to use the one in /sw.

In particular, there seem to be two functions missing in the version in
/usr:

dolfin/io/XMLFile.cpp:88: error: 'xmlRelaxNGSetParserStructuredErrors' was
not declared in this scope
dolfin/io/XMLFile.cpp:93: error: 'xmlRelaxNGSetValidStructuredErrors' was
not declared in this scope

Any advice on what magic switch I should pass, perhaps in
dorsal/packages/dolfin.package or dorsal/platforms/leopard.platform?

Thanks,
Rob

Follow ups