Re: [HG DOLFIN] Work on move to new global parameter system:

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 07:15:57PM +0200, Johan Hake wrote:
> On Thursday 02 July 2009 18:25:23 DOLFIN wrote:
> > One or more new changesets pushed to the primary dolfin repository.
> > A short summary of the last three changesets is included below.
> >
> > changeset:   6402:ff1bebf2949a37466dac76745d5e024bf61f5b03
> > tag:         tip
> > user:        Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>
> > date:        Thu Jul 02 18:25:23 2009 +0200
> > files:       dolfin/log/Logger.cpp dolfin/log/Logger.h
> > dolfin/log/Progress.cpp dolfin/log/log.cpp dolfin/log/log.h
> > dolfin/parameter/parameters.cpp dolfin/parameter/parameters.h description:
> > Work on move to new global parameter system:
>
> It would be cool to populate a set of strings with
> valid "linear_algebra_backends". This could be done with some IFDEFS and then
> in the final p.add in GlobalParameters, we add the parameters with valid
> options.

Yes, that would be good, and probably not that difficult. Some
appropriate #ifdefs and push_backs in GlobalParameters.h should do the
trick.

I haven't added ranges for any of the parameters, but since the new
parameter system supports range checks, that should also be done.

> > - Remove coupling between log system and parameter system
> > - Added new functions set_log_level, get_log_level
> > - Added new function logging(true/false), replacing dolfin_set("output
> > destination", "silent") - Optimizations in log functions to check if log
> > system is active before sending messages through log system
>
> On a side note. Is it possible to hand an optional stream or file as the log
> stream, as we do in the logging system of python?

Already implemented (by Ola). I'm working on some updates which will
make it directly available by

  set_output_stream(std::ostream& stream);