Re: (no subject)

phil marinier wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question but here
goes. I am a masters student who is trying to use this package to
solve Laplace's equation over a rectangular domain. When I try to
compile my program, I get this error message:

error: no matching function for call to
‘dolfin::Rectangle::Rectangle(double, double, double&, double&,
dolfin::uint&, dolfin::uint&, std::string&)’

/usr/include/dolfin/mesh/Rectangle.h:31: note: candidates are:
dolfin::Rectangle::Rectangle(double, double, double, double,
dolfin::uint, dolfin::uint, dolfin::Rectangle::Type)

I can't find anything in the documentation about Rectangle::Type. The
documentation says that you need to use a std::string, which I am
using. Apparently there has been a change in the rectangle class that
is not documented. Can you either change the documentation or just
reply and tell me how to use the Rectangle class?

On-line documentation is generated daily using current repository code. I seems that you are using some of the previous versions, and that's the reason of your problems.
Six weeks ago changeset:
http://www.fenics.org/hg/dolfin?cs=75bc001441e8
replaced enum by strings.

Rectangle class is used in several demos:
demo/mesh/built-in/python/demo.py
demo/mesh/submesh/cpp/main.cpp
demo/pde/waveguide/cpp/main.cpp
Take a look, it should help at the beginning.

cheers,