Re: (no subject)

Phil, could you please give subject to your emails. Subject is very important part of a message, it help readers to classify it.

Python dolfin module is just an interface to the C++ library, so every functionality available in python is in C++ too. Remember that to use grad() in C++ you need to define UFL form.

cheers,

phil marinier wrote:
I need to find the gradient perpendicular to the boundary. I know I
can find the gradient in python using the grad(v) command, but I
don't think I can do the same in C++. Is it possible? and if it is
possible is it worth the trouble or would it be easier to rewrite in
python? Thanks for your help