Re: scons configure error

I've done a couple of these already. But how do I fix the time? Is this the date? I'm not sure how I fix this... or what I am fixing exactly.

- Shawn

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Garth N. Wells wrote:

Here are some tips:

- Fix the time on your computer and rebuild PETSc if necessary to get rid of the clock skew message
- Try compiling without PETSc.
- Test that your PETSc installation is working ('make test' in the PETSc directory)
- Test your mpi compiler by compiling a 'hello world' program
- Run
   python scons/simula-scons/simula_scons/pkgconfiggenerators/petsc.py
and add some print statements to find out where the error crops up.

Garth

Shawn Walker wrote:
I tried enabling and disabling MPI when configuring DOLFIN. I still get an error:

$ scons configure prefix=$INSTALL_PATH withBoostDir=$BOOST_DIR withUmfpackDir=$UMFPACK_DIR withPetscDir=$PETSC_DIR withSlepcDir=$SLEPC_DIR enableDemos=yes enableScotch=no enableTrilinos=no enableMpi=yes enablePetsc=yes enableSlepc=yes enableUmfpack=yes enableParmetis=no enableMtl4=no enableDebug=yes enablePython=yes
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
Using options from /home/walker/FENICS/dolfin/scons/options.cache
Checking for pkg-config... yes
Checking for boost_filesystem... yes
Checking for numpy-1... yes
Checking for slepc... yes
sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
sh: -c: line 3: syntax error: unexpected end of file
  Trying to re-generate pkg-config file for slepc... failed
Checking for ufc-1... yes
Checking for umfpack... yes
  Trying to re-generate pkg-config file for umfpack... done
  Found UMFPACK and generated pkg-config file in
  '/home/walker/FENICS/dolfin/scons/pkgconfig'
Checking for python-2... yes
Checking for petsc... yes
sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
sh: -c: line 3: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Trying to re-generate pkg-config file for petsc... Does not know about any alternates for mpicxx make: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete., so that is used
sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
sh: -c: line 3: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Does not know about any alternates for mpicxx
make: warning: Clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete., so that is used
sh: -c: line 2: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
sh: -c: line 5: syntax error: unexpected end of file
failed
Checking for boost_program_options... yes
Checking for gts... yes
Checking for cholmod... yes
Checking for boost... yes
  Trying to re-generate pkg-config file for boost... done
  Found Boost and generated pkg-config file in
  '/home/walker/FENICS/dolfin/scons/pkgconfig'
Checking for libxml-2.0... yes
Resolving compiler... done
Found optional package: umfpack
Found optional package: gts