Re: DofMap

Anders Logg wrote:
What is the reason for using int instead of uint in the precomputed
DofMap?

I didn't make it int, but I suspect that it is to leave open the possibility of using negative indexes which some libraries (e.g. PETSc) treat differently during insertion.

Also, would it be good to have the same DofMapBuilder::build()
implementation both in parallel and serial. I imagine the algorithm
will specialize to the case of one process. This will be useful to
have once we add the localized iteration over cells on each mesh to
minimize bandwidth.

DofMapBuilder::build() does not build the DofMap (name needs to be changed). It renumbers the dofs and is not required when running in serial.

I have added a FIXME (might not have pushed it yet) that DofMap::parallel_build needs to be broken into two functions. The first function should determine ownership of dofs when running in parallel, and the second does the re-numbering.