Re: DOLFIN-dev Digest, Vol 39, Issue 50

Hi Andre,

Thank you very much, I'll write a temp function to handle my situation for
the present (as my problem is a *bit* easier than the general,
multi-dimensional, multiple cells case ;) ). I'm writing a Monte-Carlo
simulation with random electron trajectories (which can be thought of as a
sequence of line segments), and the cells each have an associated electric
field and scattering rates. I need to know how much time (and where) an
electron spends in which cells to properly calculate the scattering and
drift. What I plan on doing at this point is finding which cells are
intersected with, and then find out the intersection points on those cells
to determine the intersection length. So I need both which cells of the mesh
are intersected by the line and the "area" of intersection for each cell. If
I had several lines forming a 1D mesh, I would also need to know which lines
intersected with which cells.

Thanks,
Chris Greene