Re: [HG DOLFIN] merge

Anders Logg wrote:
On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 01:54:24PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:

Johan Hake wrote:
On Monday 17 August 2009 19:19:40 Anders Logg wrote:
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 07:09:11PM +0200, DOLFIN wrote:
changeset:   6762:ca407204632a1b0430099c243c915a151b2bd941
parent:      6759:efc24a341e41e9e0c83616be4613d819fe95ccb6
user:        Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>
date:        Mon Aug 17 19:08:56 2009 +0200
files:       site-packages/dolfin/compile_function.py
site-packages/dolfin/jit.py description:
Make JIT compiler work in parallel. The process number is added to the
signature to create a unique signature for each process. This means that
each process will compile its own form. This may not be optimal and could
possibly be handled by Instant. On the other hand, it seems to work
nicely and might also be advantageous when processes don't share a common
cache.
The Poisson Python demo now runs as is without the need for first
running it in serial (to handle JIT compilation):
Did it not work before this change? I know Martin added some file locks to
prevent simultaneous compilations of the same module.

  mpirun -n 4 python demo.py
Do I have to set some environmental variables to make this work. I can't get
it to work (probably some stupid error) :P

Johan

When running the above command I get:

ssh: connect to host hake-laptop port 22: Connection refused
This looks like a known bug in the Ubuntu MPI package

   http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2009/03/8571.php
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openmpi/+bug/365122

Garth

I use the standard Ubuntu (Karmic) OpenMPI package

This is a newer version of OpenMPI which has been fixed.

Garth

and I can just run
without setting any variables.

A daemon (pid 32065) died unexpectedly with status 255 while attempting
to launch so we are aborting.

There may be more information reported by the environment (see above).

This may be because the daemon was unable to find all the needed shared
libraries on the remote node. You may set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have the
location of the shared libraries on the remote nodes and this will
automatically be forwarded to the remote nodes.
mpirun noticed that the job aborted, but has no info as to the process
that caused that situation.