Re: [Dorsal-dev] MUMPS or SPOOLES

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:19:58AM +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> Anders Logg wrote:

> >> Probably depends on the system, but in my experiences MUMPS has been
> >> better. However, the Debian/Ubuntu PETSc packages are configured with
> >> SPOOLES, but not MUMPS.
> >
> > ok, I'm trying out MUMPS now.
> >
> > Harish: Perhaps --download-mumps=yes should be added to petsc.package
> > in Dorsal?
>
> It requires a few more flags than just '--download-mumps=yes' as you'll
> soon see ;).

Yes...

So far, I've added

  --with-parmetis=1 --with-parmetis-dir=/usr/include/parmetis --download-mumps=1

But PETSc is complaining about ScaLAPACK. Is it possible to use the
Debian package? I'm using OpenMPI (from Debian) but
libscalapack-mpi-dev seems to require mpich.

Which is the simplest way to get MUMPS running?