Re: [Viper-dev] C++ plotting broken (even in serial)

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:59:24PM +0200, Garth N. Wells wrote:
>>

>> Anders Logg wrote:
>> > When plotting a <function_plot_data> object from file, Viper just
>> > plots the mesh, not the function.
>> >
>> > Is this a bug in Viper?
>> >

>> I don't know. It's a pain to find out because there is no error message
>> and DOLFIN cleans up the plot files afterwards. It happens to me so
>> often that I'm not going to bother fixing it any more.
>>
>> Garth
>
> I don't think DOLFIN cleans up the plot files. The file is created in
> the current directory and is named dolfin_plot_data.xml.

The problem here is the restructuring of the swig interface; the
rshift operator on FunctionPlotData is defined before the definition
of FunctionPlotData. This causes swig to ignore the rshift (and
lshift) operator for FunctionPlotData, and hence the lines

f = File(filename)
f >> FunctionPlotData()

fails.

Ola