Re: global_dimension

Mehdi Nikbakht wrote:
Hi,

Is there any specific reason for returning constant value for
DofMap::global_dimension()?

Like other similar functions inside DofMap, it would be nice to have:

    unsigned int global_dimension() const
    {
      assert(_global_dimension > 0);
      return ufc_dof_map->global_dimension();
    }

instead of having,

    unsigned int global_dimension() const
    {
      assert(_global_dimension > 0);
      return _global_dimension;
    }

where _global_dimension is initialized once inside DofMap constructor.

I've changed this back for now. It may change though again in the future. It would then be necessary to update the DofMap after it changes, possibly through DofMapBuilder.

Garth

I need this changed to handle crack propagation.

Yours,
Mehdi