Re: Memory tests

Johan Hake wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 September 2009 18:56:48 Garth N. Wells wrote:
>> I've compiled DOLFIN again MPICH2 instead of OpenMPI. It doesn't lead to
>> a flood of MPI-related Valgrind errors, so I would suggest that after
>> the release that DOLFIN and PETSc be built against MPICH2 on one of the
>> buildbots and that bot can perform the memory tests.
>
> Sounds good!
>
> We should probably also run some demos in parallel, to test that there are no
> leaks in the parallel stuff too.

For MPICH2, you may need to compile with --enable-g=meminit to avoid
spurious warnings in parallel.  Open MPI has memchecker which can detect
certain kinds of MPI misuse.

  http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=debugging#memchecker_errors

IIRC, you shouldn't see the spurious warnings when Open MPI is built
with memchecker (they have technical/performance reasons not to
eliminate them otherwise).

Jed