Re: cell jacobian

Robert Kirby wrote:
It probably should be added in dolfin/ufc. Sometimes we want to play around with things that aren't supported by ffc yet. Having a full-featured c++ library (and python bindings) would help. An example would be Berstein polynomials, which use a different evaluation method than in ffc/fiat. Another example is the transformation business I'm working that needs cell jacobians and other geometric information. I'd like to look at hand-done implementations using the dolfin library (preferably PyDolfin) to make sure stuff works before going through the labor of teaching ffc how to do it.

I agree. This was the motivation for having FFC generate functions for evaluating basis functions, but obviously there's much more that's needed.

This should be added to https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dolfin

Garth

Rob