Re: Python + interpolate

Anders Logg wrote:
On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 12:11:57PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:

Anders Logg wrote:
On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 09:08:53AM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
We seem to have a problem with Python and interpolating functions. When
I try

   P1 = FunctionSpace(mesh_post, "CG", 1)
   u_post = interpolate(u, P1);

I get the below error.

Garth

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "demo.py", line 128, in <module>
     u_post = interpolate(u, P1);
   File
"/home/garth/code/fenics/dolfin/dolfin-all/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dolfin/interpolate.py",
line 28, in interpolate
     Pv.interpolate(v)
RuntimeError: *** Error: Treating Function as UFC function. Is that correct?
Yes, it is correct.

I assume you are interpolating u from another space, possibly DG?

Then we should get to the else{} clause in the restrict() which
triggers the error. I added the error there temporarily so that we can
check that we only get to else{} when we should. Before the hash fix
yesterday, we got there all the time which works but is very
inefficient.

I have not had time yet to run more than a couple of demos. Feel free
to remove the error if you have checked that all demos run except the
few (doing interpolation) where the error should be triggered.

I tried removing the error and running

    demo/function/nonmatching-interpolation/cpp

but and there is a very nasty bug which I can't track down. The code is
failing inside the generated ufc code for tabulating the dof map.

I'll take a look later tonight.

There is something screwed up with ufc_cell. We could be restricting to a ufc::cell which has not been properly prepared (e.g. for P2 elements).