Optional GTS, IntersectionDetector and evaluating functions

Hi,

I am just wondering why GTS has been only optional in the past, although the eval function

void Function::eval(double* values, const double* x) const
http://www.fenics.org/hg/dolfin/file/32bcc3b91dd7/dolfin/function/Function.cpp#l243

in the Function class depends on the IntersectionDetector, which in turn depends on GTS.

Furthermore a 1D function can not evaluated at arbitrary points for functions on 1D grids since the the IntervalCell class

http://www.fenics.org/hg/dolfin/file/32bcc3b91dd7/dolfin/mesh/IntervalCell.cpp#l183

does not provide a implementation.

So I wondering how these things work instead? At least I could not find it in the docs and my benchmarks throw an exception when I tried to run the old IntersectionDetector for 1D meshes and points intersection.

(Of course the forthcoming CGAL interface will remedy these issues ;))

Greetings,
Andre

Follow ups