Re: Auto-detection of elements

Anders Logg wrote:
I made some fixes to UFL and FFC to allow auto-detection of degree and
shape for all types of elements.

I also changed in expression.py in DOLFIN to use Lagrange by default
instead of Quadrature. The Poisson demo now works with the new simple
Expression interface:

 f = Expression("10*exp(-(pow(x[0] - 0.5, 2) + pow(x[1] - 0.5, 2)) / 0.02)")
 g = Expression("sin(5*x[0])")

Nice :)

No need for V=V anymore.

Can one still use V=V if one wants to prescribe a function space?

I think it would be ok to use Lagrange by default.

Lagrange yes, but maybe higher order? (Using the same (or lower) order for input
data as the discretization tends to be slightly dangerous.)

The logic of adjusting the degree is still not good (in FFC). For a
form like

  v*f*dx

the degree for the Lagrange element will be adjusted to 2 for f which
seems overkill.