Re: [Question #91944]: 1D mesh from 2D mesh subdomain (boundary)

Question #91944 on DOLFIN changed:

Anders Logg proposed the following answer:
On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 03:49:49PM -0000, Patrick Riesen wrote:
> Question #91944 on DOLFIN changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/91944
>
> Patrick Riesen posted a new comment:
>
> Ok, so BoundaryMesh(mesh) gives me the complete boundary. could i
> then extract from this a subboundary mesh?  or can i avoid the
> problem about assembling if i orientate my 2D mesh so that the
> subboundary i want to extract is a straight segment along an axis
> (i.e. x-axis)?
>
> many thanks for the answer, i'll see what i can do :-)

You can, but you'll have to do it manually:

1. Extract the boundary mesh

2. Create a new mesh which is has both topological and geometric
dimension 2.

3. Manually build the 2D mesh by copying data over from the boundary
mesh.

Use a MeshEditor for 2 and 3.