[Question #95085]: Mesh traversal

New question #95085 on DOLFIN:

Is there an easy way to systematically traverse a given mesh in either python or cpp?

ie I want to create a spline represenation of the boundary, but cannot find an easy way to calculate the index of the adjacent/connected vertices/edges/cells within the mesh. Currently I have to create my own connectivity structure using cells(mesh), but was wondering if getting adjacency/connectivity information between and within dimensions could be more easily achieved?

Thanks, David.