Re: GTS

Garth N. Wells wrote:

> Andre Massing wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Garth N. Wells wrote:
>>> Is it OK to remove GTS support from DOLFIN?
>> I think, the GTS functionality is not really used anymore in DOLFIN.
>> At least I have already removed all classes and member methods which
>> where somehow linked to the GTS interface in the cgal_branch.
>>

> Can we also use CGAL for what's in TriangleCell::intersects?

Yes sure, in principal. I removed that function in my local trunk because it was only used for the mesh intersection (at least in the main trunk) and it reimplements functionality which is available in CGAL. Additionally it uses some very let's say advanced macroprogramming, have a look at dolfin/mesh/GeometricPredicates.cpp. As a sidenote IMHO intersects should be not a member function of a cell, this just scatters intersect(class A, class B) function through all the involved classes, but that's a matter of taste :)

The template class Primitive_Traits, which converts from DOLFIN cells/entities to corresponding CGAL primitives like Triangle_3, Tetrahedron_2 etc., is already in place, such that an intersection test would only involve a call to do_intersect function in the CGAL geometric kernel.

So it's not a questions of if, just of where exactly.
One could for example extend the IntersectionOperator with methods like do_intersect(class A, class B)?