Re: Accessing Function data after mesh refinement

Anders Logg wrote:
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 04:57:05PM +0100, Anders Logg wrote:
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 04:23:51PM +0100, Marie Rognes wrote:
I'm interesting in accessing the vector of a Function after mesh-refinement.
At the moment, I'm getting:

   RuntimeError: *** Error: You are attempting to access a non-const
   vector from a sub-Function.

Is this inevitable, a bug or a trigger-happy error message?

   from dolfin import *
   mesh = UnitSquare(2,2)
   V = FunctionSpace(mesh, "CG", 1)
   u = Function(V)
   mesh.refine()
   u.vector()
Looks like a bug. The function is not being refined but the mesh, the
dofmap and the functionspace is refined. Might be related to the
recent work on refinement.

It should be fixed now.

Great, thanks :)

--
Marie

Someone had commented out register_object in
the Function constructor. I don't know why. Garth?