[Question #102633]: Assembling Values into Solution Vector and Extracting Values from Solution Vector

New question #102633 on DOLFIN:

Hi

I've alluded to this problem before but the solution is not working (properly). What I'd like to do is the following (using the C++ interface):

i.  I create an object for each degree of freedom (no problem).
ii.  Each object generates a value                           (no problem).
iii. I need to assemble these values into a vector  that will be passed to a pde as the initial condition (major problem).

Anders suggested the tabulate_coordinates function to obtain the coordinates of the dofs and Garth suggested the Dolfin::Set which doesn't sort the coordinates.

This works for P1 elements but for P2 elements and above, it's not quite right.

Could someone please provide a code snippet that shows how to:

1. Assemble individual values at each dof (with its coordinates) into a solution vector exactly as the pde would expect it.

2. Extract the individual values form the solution vector produced by a pde and associate it to a particular dof and its coordinates.

Much appreciated

Ted