Re: dolfin not ok in debian.

I have also had the "Could not import ffc form compiler" on Ubuntu Karmic
Koala, but after a custom build from the source.

The solution is to set the PYTHONPATH environment variable to include
/usr/local/lib/python2.x/dist-packages and optionally
/usr/local/lib/python2.x/site-packages, where x is replaced with your python
version i.e. 5 or 6 for 2.5 and 2.6 respectively. (I use 2.6)

By default Dolfin installs into the site-packages directory while the rest
of the packages such as ffc installs into the dist-packages directory.

The dist-packages directory was already in my sys.path but after including
it in the PYTHONPATH environment variable it changed the order, i.e. it
moved to the front of the list.

This seems to make the difference required.

bluejerry (Renier Marchand)
replying via Evan Lezar