Re: [Question #105900]: [Question #105900]: Setting 'pressure' BC in RT/P0 elements for mixed poisson

Question #105900 on DOLFIN changed:

Marie Rognes proposed the following answer:
Chris Richardson wrote:
> Question #105900 on DOLFIN changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/105900

> Chris Richardson is still having a problem:
> OK, thanks that clears up one thing...
>
> My question now becomes how to set the flux BC on the other boundaries when they are not so simple and
> straight.
>
> e.g. I thought this would work, but is giving real problems at the
> corners:

I've attached a revised version. Take a look and see if it makes sense.

Note that with (the previous):

    def boundary0(x,on_bound):
    (*)    return x[0]>DOLFIN_EPS and x[0]<1.0-DOLFIN_EPS and on_bound
    bcs = DirichletBC(V.sub(0), u0, boundary0)

only the facets where both endpoints (and the midpoint) satisfy (*) will
be marked. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here.) In particular, the
left-most "bottom" edge will not be marked.

Further, then v*n will not vanish on this edge, and hence you will get
contributions from this edge in:

        L = dot(v,f*n)*ds

Then, the definition of f on the edges starts mattering etc.

The moral is that one should be really careful with the boundary
conditions ;)

--
Marie