Re: [Question #107349]: PETsc return code if krylof solver did not converge

Question #107349 on DOLFIN changed:

Anders Logg proposed the following answer:
On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 07:17:44AM -0000, bluejerry wrote:
> New question #107349 on DOLFIN:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/107349
>
> Is it possible to receive some sorf of error feedback when a solution did not converge while using the Krylov solver. A warning is printed by the PETsc solver that it did not converge, but I can't seem to find a way to detect this programatically. The solve method returns a Function even if the solver did not converge.
>
> Thank you
>
> Renier

We had a similar problem with the Newton solver last week. It didn't
converge but we thought it did.

I would also like to see an error when the solver doesn't converge.