Re: [Question #108259]: PETSc Krylov solver did not converge (PETSc reason -4).

Anders Logg wrote:
Question #108259 on DOLFIN changed:

Anders Logg proposed the following answer:
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 03:38:42AM -0000, Murtazo Nazarov wrote:
New question #108259 on DOLFIN:

Hi,

My solver was working until I recompiled dolfin for some reasons. The Petcs Krylov solver does not converges:

Solving linear system of size 4184 x 4184 (PETSc Krylov solver).
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  *** Error: PETSc Krylov solver did not converge (PETSc reason -4).

However it works well with LUSolver.

Does anyone had similar problem?

Are you sure it used to converge? We recently changed a warning to an
error, so it might be that your old solver didn't converge but you
only thought it did.

I checked now the output of my old solver. It converged with hypre. But, now it converges with LUSolver but not with Krylov solver.

I simple solve the mass matrix, after applying Dirichlet boundary conditions.

murtazo