Re: [Question #105253]: Lu.factorize solver by UMFPACK

Question #105253 on DOLFIN changed:

Murtazo Nazarov is still having a problem:
Anders Logg wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 04:40:07AM -0000, Murtazo Nazarov wrote:
>
>> Question #105253 on DOLFIN changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/105253

>> Murtazo Nazarov is still having a problem:
>> I was satisfied with hypre, but now even hypre stopped working in my mass matrix solver:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/108259
>>
>> It seems no one uses this solvers. So, it would be nice to have a test
>> benchmark in dolfin/demo which solves different types of the linear
>> systems by different preconditions.
>>
>> Murtazo
>>

> Hypre works fine for me. Do you say it breaks for mass matrix only?
> What about Poisson?
>
> --
> Anders

If I solve the mass matrix without applying Dirichlet bc, then there is
now problem. But, when I apply Dirichlet/Slip bc and then solve it
crashes. However before the last upgrade there was no problem.

I check again now: I have dolfin from one month before: everything works
but Lu.factorize;
I upgraded dolfin couple of days ago: hypre does not work for the mass
matrix after applying dirichlet bc, and lu.factorize still does not work.

I am checking now for poisson.

murtazo