Re: Release of 1.0

Anders Logg wrote:
We discussed the release of 1.0 at FEniCS'10. Most people agreed it
was important to release 1.0. I suggested a deadline (or rather
target) to be December 2010. At that point, we can have a coordinated
release of all packages, the FEniCS book, the documentation and the
new web page (although I'm hoping to see the web page in place long
before then). December gives us some time to finish up a few things
and it also gives us some time before the Ubuntu import freeze for
11.04.

Sounds good to me.

I suggest we take a good look at the list of blueprints:

  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dolfin

We then do three things:

1. Target everything which must definitely be finished to the 1.0
milestone.

2. Add blueprints for other things we must finish up.

3. Assign those blueprints and implement them.

Private Rognes reports for duty. Feel free to assign me to anything that you think that I might be able
to figure out how to do :)

--
Marie

I also mentioned the possibility of creating a "release team" to
coordinate all efforts, but that only makes sense if there are more
than the regular people working on finishing up those blueprints.