Re: Arch Linux packages available

Myles English wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 20:24:19 +0200
Harish Narayanan <harish.mlists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 5/18/10 7:48 PM, Johan Hake wrote:
On Tuesday May 18 2010 10:59:09 Myles English wrote:
Hello,

There are some fenics packages (stable versions) for Arch Linux
( http://www.archlinux.org ) in the Arch User Repository:
Cool! I am not an Archlinux user my self, but I have heard a lot of
nice things about it.

I moved from Ubuntu about a month ago because I felt it was becoming
too big to understand, it is fairly smooth so far.

dolfin http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37270
ffc    http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37268
fiat   http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37267
ufl    http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37266

I didn't submit ufc because it is not explicitly licensed under
GPL.
Isn't "released into the public domain" good enough? It was good
enough for Debian.

I was only hesitating because the README says "the header file
ufc.h and UFC Python utils are released into the public domain", which
made me think that perhaps there were some parts not released into the
public domain.  Just wasn't sure what to put for 'licence', so I put a
'?'.  I'm not actually distributing the code anyway because it
downloads from launchpad, so here it is:

ufc http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37269

If anyone more central to dolfin development wants to take over the
maintenance I'll happily orphan them.
Not sure there is such a person...
Wasn't André thinking of moving to Arch Linux? Perhaps he'll be
interested in maintaining packages. :)

:) Yepp right, I am still considering moving to Arch Linux, trying to estimate the amount of work to migrate and waiting for a free weekend...

It not such a big job with Arch Linux, it's basically just a wrapper
script.  I do intend to maintain it unless someone more suitable comes
forward.

Cool they you packaged FEniCS for Arch Linux! I will happily have a look at it as soon as Arch is running on my machine and X server and network is running :)

--
Myles