Re: [Question #115551]: hexahedral mesh

Question #115551 on DOLFIN changed:

Lars is still having a problem:
Thank you, Anders. I am interested to work on the implementation.
I read your paper "Efficient representation of computational meshes", which is a good explanation of the data structures.

Can you recommend more documentation on the MeshEditor concepts and
implementation, or do I have to study the sources in detail? I think I
have read somewhere that without the MeshEditor you can construct meshes
of arbitrary cells - can I find some code examples (c++ or python) how
to achieve this?

And finally, is there any reason why the MeshEditor handles only meshes
of one single CellType? Why not allow a combination of triangles and
quadrilaterals, for example, or tets and hexes and wedges in 3D?

Thanks
Lars