Re: [Question #115411]: Dividing a Complex Mesh intoDifferent Regions/Subdomains

Question #115411 on DOLFIN changed:

Anders Logg proposed the following answer:
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 09:24:12AM -0000, Pietro Maximoff wrote:
> Question #115411 on DOLFIN changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/115411

> Pietro Maximoff is still having a problem:
> Hi
>
> I've just loaded my left ventricle mesh into Meshbuilder with the
> intention of marking the inner (endocardial) surface and the outer
> (epicardial) surface.
>
> I selected 'Meshfunctions' and then 'face' so I can select faces. When I
> click on the inner surface though, it selects just a triangle and not
> the whole face.
>
> Is there a way to select the an entire face in one go without having to
> select the triangles individually?
>
> Pietro
>
> N.B: I've posted this question on the Meshbuilder page but there doesn't
> seem to be an answer contact.

Try marking a closed path of triangles and then click on "fill" to
fill the area in between.

Improved functionality for simple selection of entire surfaces (based
on the (dis)continuity of facet normals) might be added in future
versions.