[Question #116141]: project mesh function into FunctionSpace

New question #116141 on DOLFIN:

Hello,
how can I project/interpolate a discrete vector gamma, defined on each vertex of a triangular mesh, into a FunctionSpace V?

I have to solve a laplace equation with variable diffusivity as in the following bilinear form:
a = dot(grad(u), gamma* grad(v))*d

The solution is not possible if gamma is an array or a MeshFunction. What is the correct transformation?

Thanks
Lars