Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 4910: Add (initial) files for building DOLFIN with CMake.

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 10:22:17AM -0700, Johan Hake wrote:
> On Monday August 9 2010 10:09:26 Johan Hake wrote:

> > > So far, it only seems that the SWIG-generated files are recompiled
> > > unnecessarily. I'm sure that that can be fixed.
> >
> > Ok, so this means I can go ahead and compile DOLFIN using CMake right now?
>
> That went sweet! Ridiculous simple! The amount of files we need to provide
> were also extremely small.
>
> Nice work Johannes!

Works fine here too. I also think it looks pretty good. Something I
like is that it looks like I will be able to contribute myself to
keeping the config files in good shape. I didn't really want to touch
them before (because of their size and complexity).

I guess we would also need to provide Makefiles instead of SConstruct
for all the demos.

We could have one demo demo/build/cpp which contained various ways to
build against DOLFIN, including plain Makefiles, SConstruct and
possibly other options.

The next step will be to add support for generating the pkg-config
file for DOLFIN.

Btw, I set build directory = install directory = pwd/local. Is that
good practice or is there a reason for separating build directory from
installation directory?