Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5046: Add FindCGAL.cmake.dolfin for finding CGAL config. Includes compile/run

On Sun, 2010-08-22 at 01:11 +0200, Anders Logg wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 11:49:06PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-08-21 at 20:52 +0000, noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > revno: 5046
> > > committer: Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>
> > > branch nick: dolfin-dev
> > > timestamp: Sat 2010-08-21 22:45:13 +0200
> > > message:
> > >   Add FindCGAL.cmake.dolfin for finding CGAL config. Includes compile/run
> > >   test that passes on Lucid.
> >
> > I don't think that this is the right approach (plus it no longer works
> > on my computer).
> >
> > CGAL uses CMake, and generates a config file with loads of build
> > information, like libraries on which it depends. We should use the CMake
> > config file.
> >
> > Garth
>
> It didn't work for me before and I found the CGAL CMake file difficult
> to understand.

Looks straightforward to me.

> Works fine for me now on Lucid.

It's was working fine under Lucid all along ;).

> Another problem with using the installed CMake file was that if CGAL
> was not installed then it would just assume things work.

What do you mean. That it sets CGAL_FOUND=true if there is no
CGALConfig.cmake file?

> Anoher improvement with the new config script is that it actually
> tries to build a CGAL test program (which uses essentially the stuff
> that we need in DOLFIN).

This is a separate issue. We can use the CGAL provided file to get the
options, and then compile test program.

Garth