Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5046: Add FindCGAL.cmake.dolfin for finding CGAL config. Includes compile/run

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 12:29:30AM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-08-22 at 01:17 +0200, Anders Logg wrote:

> > > It didn't work for me before and I found the CGAL CMake file difficult
> > > to understand. Works fine for me now on Lucid.
> >
> > I take that back. It still breaks on Lucid. It also breaks on Snow
> > Leopard for the same reason but in different places. On Lucid, it
> > breaks when I try to build a demo and on Snow Leopard it breaks
> > earlier when it links something.
> >
> > In both cases, the problem is missing references to mpfr (which I have
> > installed).
> >
> > What flags should be added?
> >
> > Perhaps it's best to rely on ${CGAL_DIR}/CGAL/CGALConfig.cmake to get
> > the variables but I don't think ${CGAL_DIR}/CGAL/FindCGAL.cmake looks
> > very good.
> >

> I've never looked at it - I just look at CGALConfig.cmake which is easy
> to follow. I guess we need to add
>
>     CGAL_3RD_PARTY_LIBRARIES_DIRS
>     CGAL_3RD_PARTY_LIBRARIES
>
> Garth

I'll check again now if it works on Lucid and Snow Leopard. It didn't
work before.

If it works, how about letting FindCGAL.dolfin.cmake call
FindCGAL.cmake and fix the things that are missing:

  1. Writing something (it's currently silent)

  2. Compiling the test program

  3. Setting correct names of the variables (according to the CMake
  recommended names.

    CGAL_FOUND        - system has CGAL
    CGAL_INCLUDE_DIRS - include directories for CGAL
    CGAL_LIBRARIES    - libraries for CGAL
    CGAL_DEFINITIONS  - compiler flags for CGAL

I think we should do the same for Trilinos but there we can have a
very simple file that just checks for the Trilinos CMake file and
gives a less annoying (smaller) error message when that file is
missing.