Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5052: Add DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to dolfin.conf to get DOLFIN to run on OS X.

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 01:07 +0200, Anders Logg wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 11:55:51PM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> > On Sun, 2010-08-22 at 22:49 +0000, noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > revno: 5052
> > > committer: Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>
> > > branch nick: dolfin-dev
> > > timestamp: Mon 2010-08-23 00:46:39 +0200
> > > message:
> > >   Add DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to dolfin.conf to get DOLFIN to run on OS X.
> >
> > Make the environment variable a 'variable' so we have LD_LIBRARY_PATH on
> > Unix/Linux and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on OSX in the dolfin.conf file, rather
> > than having both.
>
> I don't know how to do that. Do you?
>
> Perhaps it's better setting RPATH.
>
> > >   Don't know if this is the preferred way. I expect it's possible with
> > >   some CMake option to hard-code the library path into the library
> > >   (which seemes to happen for other libraries but not for DOLFIN).
> >
> > It's the RPATH options that control it.
>
> Setting CMAKE_SKIP_RPATH=OFF?

There is a bit more to it - there are options to use rpath when building
and when installing. I think that the default is to use rpath when
building in the binary directory, and to not use it when installing.

Garth