Re: [Question #120990]: Installing Parmetis on Mac OS X

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 04:37:12PM -0000, Jack wrote:
> Question #120990 on DOLFIN changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/120990

> Jack is still having a problem:
> Yes, I'm using snow Leopard.
>
> I downloaded dorsal as you said above. Still reports a problem. These
> are the last lines from the build process:
>

> mpicc -DNDEBUG -fPIC -O3  -I. -I/usr/include/sys  -c node_refine.c
> node_refine.c: In function ‘KWayNodeRefine__’:
> node_refine.c:162:6: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> make: *** [node_refine.o] Error 1
> Failure with exit status: 2
> Exit message: There was a problem building ParMetis-3.1.1.

Is PETSc building ParMETIS for you? That's strange because PETSc for
Snow Leopard (as part of Dorsal) is configured to use its own
installation of ParMETIS.

Try again by removing everything, then get a fresh copy of Dorsal and
just type ./dorsal.sh.

That should run fine on Snow Leopard. It works fine here.