Re: [noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5081: Integrate FEniCS documentation with DOLFIN to get correct docstrings for the Python module.]

On 26 August 2010 18:04, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What is the role of the docstrings module?

This is the module that contains all the docstrings for the dolfin module.
We use it to dynamically asssign to __doc__ and in the hand written
Python layer, we will use it as:

class Foo(object):
    __doc__ = docstrings.Foo.__doc__

> It seems strange that DOLFIN should install a module named
> 'docstrings' in the global Python namespace.

I'll delete the docstrings module in the dolfin.__init__ file such
that it is not present when doing:

>>> import dolfin
>>> dir(dolfin)

Kristian