Re: SWIG/generate.py

On 27/08/10 07:59, Kristian Ølgaard wrote:
On 27 August 2010 08:57, Garth N. Wells<gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

On 27/08/10 07:48, Kristian Ølgaard wrote:

On 26 August 2010 22:54, Garth N. Wells<gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>    wrote:

I need to run generate.py in dolfin/swig because of some DOLFIN change,
but
now I get the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "generate.py", line 91, in<module>
    update your PYTHONPATH variable?" % what)
ImportError: Could not import the docstrings module
  (error: No module named docstrings),
  update your PYTHONPATH variable?

I guess this is related to the documentation changes?

Yes, we need it to generate the docstrings.i file. The docstrings
module will also be copied to site-packages/dolfin.

I was hoping you'd tell me how to fix it. All the Python scripts in
dolfin/swig give an error.

You need to add fenics-doc/source/programmers-reference/python to  PYTHONPATH.

Is there anyway we can make it stand-alone? I thought the primary purpose was to just update the list of header files for SWIG.

Garth

Kristian

Garth

Kristian