Re: [noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5120: Add docstrings for all Python classes/functions generated by Swig.]

On 31 August 2010 12:16, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is the idea that we should use these as starting points and then
> modify them when needed?

Yes, I'll start creating stubs for the Python programmer's reference
which will use autodoc to extract the documentation from the
dolfin/site-packages/dolfin/docstrings module.

> Will we generate them again later when we have improved the C++
> documentation?

I thought about it, but it will be an absolute nightmare since some
functions are renamed and because of the overloaded functions.

The syntax for examples is also different, we could store these in a
different place and add them later but then we'll have to figure out
where to keep them. In addition, we'll need to run some script to
generate the module every time a change is made to the source. This
will slow down the development cycle further.

Kristian