Re: [Dorsal] PETSc found, but not found

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 8:32 AM, Harish Narayanan
<harish.mlists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 9/1/10 2:44 AM, Marie Rognes wrote:

>>> I had the same problem (I think). It turned out to be a problem with my
>>> PETSC_ARCH variable which was set to linux-gnu-c-opt instead of
>>> linux-gnu-cxx-opt.
>>>

>> Doesn't solve the problem for me :(
>>
>> - My PETSC_ARCH is set to linux-gnu-cxx-opt (cf gentoo.platform)
>> - cmake reports: -- PETSC_ARCH is linux-gnu-cxx-opt
>> - Still get same problem.
>>
>>> I think this changed in Dorsal at some point recently.
>>>

>> Everything updated as of 20 seconds ago ...
>
> I too am now seeing strange things such as this:
>

> .
> .
> .
>
> -- PETSC_DIR is /Users/harish/Work/FEniCS/dev/src/petsc-3.1-p4
> -- PETSC_ARCH is darwin10.0.0-cxx-opt
> -- Found petscconf.h
> -- PETSc test failed
> -- PETSc could not be found. Be sure to set PETSC_DIR and PETSC_ARCH.
> (missing:  PETSC_TEST_RUNS)

A few days ago I made the PETSc CMake module fail if the test program
didn't run. Look in CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log in the build directory.
Does it look similar to what the Mac buildbot slave reports:

  http://fenics.org:8080/builders/dolfin-mac-osx/builds/721/steps/dolfin%20build/logs/CMakeError.log

?

PETSC_LIBRARIES in FindPETSc.cmake seems to be missing some of the
required OpenMPI libraries

  fenicsslave2@buildbotmac:dolfin$ mpic++ --showme:link
  -Wl,-u,_munmap -Wl,-multiply_defined,suppress -lmpi_cxx -lmpi
-lopen-rte -lopen-pal
  fenicsslave2@buildbotmac:dolfin$

The latter three does not appear in PETSC_LIBRARIES on OS X.

I'm not sure what the best fix is but it should work if CXX=mpic++ is
specified before running cmake. Note that the CMake cache must be
cleaned up first.

Johannes