multi-thread assembly

Nice to see multi-thread assembly being added. We should look at adding support for the multi-threaded version of SuperLU. What other multi-thread solvers are out there?

I haven't looked at the code in great detail, but are element tensors being added to the global tensor is a thread-safe fashion? Both PETSc and Trilinos are not thread-safe.

Rather than having two assembly classes, would it be worth using OpenMP instead? I experimented with OpenMP some time ago, but never added it since at the time it required a very recent version of gcc. This shouldn't be a problem now.