Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5294: Renumber colors to start at zero and add check for contiguous coloring.

On 18/11/10 11:03, noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
revno: 5294
committer: Anders Logg<logg@xxxxxxxxx>
branch nick: dolfin
timestamp: Thu 2010-11-18 12:00:07 +0100
message:
   Renumber colors to start at zero and add check for contiguous coloring.
   Something fails (segfault in coloring demo), will fix later.

I think that I've fixed the seg fault. It was related to code like

 const MeshFunction<dolfin::uint>& colors_vertex = mesh.color("vertex");
 const MeshFunction<dolfin::uint>& colors_edge = mesh.color("edge");

The function Mesh::color deletes the old data when asking for a new colouring, which leave colors_vertex dangling. Could we re-use data, so that the reference to colors_vertex remains valid? Or could we store different colourings (vertex, edge, facet)?

Garth

modified:
   dolfin/mesh/MeshColoring.cpp

--
lp:dolfin
https://code.launchpad.net/~dolfin-core/dolfin/main

Your team DOLFIN Core Team is subscribed to branch lp:dolfin.