Re: [noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5339: Fix some typos in assertions.]

On 30/11/10 09:40, Johannes Ring wrote:
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Anders Logg<logg@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 04:47:47PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:

On 29/11/10 16:38, Anders Logg wrote:
Why were those not detected by my compiler? Isn't DDEBUG set by cmake.local?

It should be. cmake.local has:

     -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Developer

Garth

It does set DEBUG, but it also sets NDEBUG, which is what
/usr/include/assert.h looks for.

Why do we set NDEBUG? I can't see that we set it anywhere. Johannes?

The problem was that in bench/fem/multicore/cpp/CMakeLists.txt the
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE variable was forced to 'Release' and thereby
overwriting the 'Developer' build type that is set in cmake.local.
This should be fixed now.

It should be set to 'Release' since it's a performance benchmark. I build DOLFIN out-of-source (which is the right way to do things), so whatever is in bench/fem/multicore/cpp/CMakeLists.txt doesn't affect the building of the DOLFIN libraries.

Garth

Johannes