Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5498: More work on shared pointers in linear algebra.

On 13/01/11 22:10, Johan Hake wrote:
> On Thursday January 13 2011 13:35:05 Garth N. Wells wrote:
>> On 13/01/11 21:30, Johan Hake wrote:
>>> Do you have plans to create a shared_ptr version of all methods receiving
>>> and returning a GenericFoo?
>>
>> Not just yet. I'm starting with BlockFoo because it's more explicit that
>> BlockFoo usually represent views.
>>
>> I had a go at fixing thins in SWIG, but the uBLAS matrix objects are
>> giving me trouble. Could you take a look?
>
> The point is that none of the matrices or vectors in DOLFIN is stored using
> shared_ptr. Do we want that? Then we need to add shared_ptr versions of all
> methods?

Do we have many? I don't see a presssing need to change other linear
algebra objects.

> I have tried to do this but unfortunately there are places we need to
> update to get this going.

BlockFoo is different from the other matrix and vector objects because
it's really just a holder of other objects. I can't see how we could
have a robust BlockFoo implementation without using shared pointers.

Garth