Re: [Question #141422]: DOLFIN/FEniCS integration in other Python installation

On Friday January 14 2011 01:34:13 Johannes Ring wrote:
> Question #141422 on DOLFIN changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/141422

> Johannes Ring proposed the following answer:
> This is not supported. However, since you are using Python 2.6 which is
> the same version as included in the FEniCS binary, you could try to
> tweak the runme.bat in the FEniCS installation directory to use your
> copy of Python. For instance, if you have installed Python under
> C:\Python2.6, then try to change line 7 from
>
>   set
> PATH=%FENICS_DIR%bin;%FENICS_DIR%Scripts;%FENICS_DIR%lib;%FENICS_DIR%lib\Py
> thon26;%PATH%
>
> to this:
>
>   set
> PATH=%FENICS_DIR%bin;%FENICS_DIR%Scripts;%FENICS_DIR%lib;C:\Python26;%PATH%
>
> Note that this is not tested so it may or may not work.

It would be cool if we were able to provide a more differentiated installation
on Windows. I know a bunch of people who might try it out if it could be made
compatible with their present Python environment.

Sorry for higjacking the question, but how is the Windows build managed,
Johannes? Is it through CMake and msys? Have you tried compiling it using
visual C++? How well do the other packages compile on Windows?