Re: Release

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Johannes, when is the date for Debian/Ubuntu import freezes? We should
> try to get releases ready in time before then, most likely DOLFIN
> 0.9.10 + other packages (FFC 0.9.5 etc).

The release schedule for Natty is available here:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NattyReleaseSchedule

The DebianImportFreeze was as early as December 30th. That means they
have already stopped the automatic package import from Debian.
However, it is still possible by doing an explicit sync request as we
did last year. We can do this until February 24th at the
FeatureFreeze. After that it will require a "freeze exception" from
the Ubuntu release team. It would be good if the new releases could be
made in good time before the FeatureFreeze, at least a few days
before.

> 1.0 will come later in sync with the book and hopefully quite soon.

The release of DOLFIN 1.0 will require a name change in the package,
that is, libdolfin0 should be renamed to libdolfin1 or libdolfin1.0.
Changing the name of a package forces it to enter the Debian NEW queue
and it can take time before it enters Debian (days, weeks or even
months). It will also require a Debian Developer to sponsor the upload
since I am only a Debian Maintainer and therefore unable to upload
packages to NEW. This can also take time so if the goal is to get
DOLFIN 1.0 into Natty, then it should be released as soon as possible.

Johannes