Re: Extending DOLFIN CMake scripts for CUDA interoperability

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Johan Hake <johan.hake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It looks like changing:
>
>  add_definitions(-DPACKAGE_VERSION="${DOLFIN_VERSION}")

>  add_definitions(-DPACKAGE_VERSION=${DOLFIN_VERSION})
>
> Fixed it. PACKAGE_VERSION got added to the defines in the call to nvcc and the
> escaped quotes screwed things up.
>
> Johannes: Are the quotes needed for something special? It compiles alright
> without the quotes.

It does not work for me when I remove the quotes:

[ 50%] Building CXX object dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/main/init.cpp.o
/home/johannr/src/bzr/dolfin/dolfin/main/init.cpp:15:53: error: too
many decimal points in number
/home/johannr/src/bzr/dolfin/dolfin/main/init.cpp: In function ‘void
dolfin::dolfin_init(int, char**)’:
/home/johannr/src/bzr/dolfin/dolfin/main/init.cpp:15: error: expected
primary-expression before ‘)’ token
make[2]: *** [dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/main/init.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

However, I don't think the -DPACKAGE_VERSION flag is really needed. It
only seems to be used in dolfin/common/constants.h for specifying the
DOLFIN_VERSION. We can use CMake's configure_file command instead to
set this value. How does that sound?

Johannes